I Want To Write (Weekly Finds for the Writer In the Making)
- The smartest bus driver ever keeps the kids quiet with books. Bookmobile, anyone?
- Blogger Lizzie Garrett Mettler has written a book long tribute to girls with tomboy flair. Finally. My junior high self’s people have been heard.
- I just got back from L.A., but not before finding out about their Festival of Books. Festival? Books? You have my attention.
- Thumbs down to all the parody writers who spin off cheesy titles to capitalize on every best-selling book. I would like someone to give me an example of the human being who buys this stuff.
- Writing your first book? FYI. It’s okay to err on the side of simple. These people did.
- You know how Farenheit 451 and 1981 grabbed a place in the classics by making pointed predictions about how society might evolve? Meet David Wolman who just wrote about a world without cash.
- This new self-publishing company charges $100,000 a shot. Just when we were beginning to make sense of this industry.
- Technically Blurb will let you try to top that with set your own pricing. $100,001 anyone?
- Writers may also want to check out this series of interviews with average people who self-published, this series on how to write for money or other relevant posts in the writing category. Or join in my free writing community where you can email questions and access free resources.
*The pic for this post is from Kyle Bean. He has more seriously clever stuff here.